Quilters Select Perfect Cotton Batting is made with 100 percent long staple cotton, no chemicals and no bleaching. This incredibly soft, high quality batting features a light scrim (stabilizer) which helps to control stretching and movement during quilting and embellishing.
Directions for Use and Care
- Always do a test piece in advance to become comfortable with using this batting.
- It is recommended to pre-wash this batting prior to use. Hand wash and dry naturally using cool water and a mild detergent, soak for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture by rolling in a dry towel. Lay the piece flat and let it dry naturally.
- DO NOT MACHINE WASH OR DRY BATTING BEFORE QUILTING.
- If pre-washing your batting is not desired, it is recommended to launder your completed quilt using the delicate cycle, cool water and a mild detergent. Let the quilt dry flat and naturally for best results. A slight wrinkled and antique effect
will be the result.
- Machine or hand quilt up to 8½ apart.
- Because of the natural fibers within this batting, expect up to 3-5% shrinkage.