Embellish Soft Cutaway supports knits and other unstable fabrics for machine embroidery. It’s unique, non-directional textured pattern adds strength to the stabilizer while eliminating bulk and is often seen in logos and other designs placed on t-shirts, polos, athletic wear, costume fabric, kid’s garments and onesies. Embellish™ Soft Cutaway is the perfect solution to create free-standing embroidered designs for applique, patches, lace or other dense designs that were not digitized to be free-standing designs. Simply embroider the design on stabilizer only and then “melt” away the stabilizer using RNK’s heat cutting tool.
One layer of Embellish Soft Cutaway is perfect for designs containing up to 6,000 stitches. For designs with more stitch count, add a second layer or use an Embellish™ Tearaway as a floater under the embroidery frame. Also available in a fusible version.
To Use Embellish Soft Cutaway:
- Cut a piece of the stabilizer at least one inch larger than the hoop size you are planning to use.
- Hoop the garment with the stabilizer and place the embroidery frame on to the machine.
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Important! If the design is denser than 6,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size) it may be necessary to “float” one layer of Embellish Tearaway between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Stitch your design!
- After the design is complete the tearaway can be removed leaving just the soft mesh against the skin. Trim away remaining cutaway from around the embroidery design.
*Tip! If embroidering knit, don’t forget to use topping!
**Use Embellish Soft Cutaway to create perfect Free-Standing Embroideries! Simply place one or two layers of the stabilizer in the hoop and stitch the design directly on it. Remove the stabilizer from the hoop and place on a heat resistant surface such as tile or glass. Use the RNK Heat Cutting tool to burn away the edges of the stabilizer from around the design! Ideal for patches, emblems and applique!