Embellish Rinse-Away Mesh is for use with free-standing lace machine embroidery designs or for use with any design on lace, netting, batiste and linen. Embellish Rinse-Away Mesh completely washes away leaving only stitches on the back. It’s a great stabilizer for supporting dense embroidery on delicate and sheer fabrics such as netting, organdy, organza, batiste and voile. Unlike other water-soluble stabilizers, the mesh properties of this stabilizer are not prone to stretching from embroidering dense designs with heavy needle penetration. In most cases one layer can be used for embroidering lace designs. Also available in a sticky version.
Once the embroidery is complete, un-hoop and immerse in plain water, covering the fabric completely. Soak until the stabilizer is removed, changing the water often for a soft flexible embroidery.
- Create free standing lace and use just one layer for most designs.
- Perfect for making appliques, decorative pins and/or 3-D embroidery.
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue.
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
To use Embellish Rinse-Away Mesh for free standing lace and/or embroideries:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the embroidery frame.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the stabilizer from the hoop and trim away as much as possible.
- Rinse away the remaining Embellish™ Rinse-Away Mesh using cool water. *Tip - If your desire is to have the lace stiff, simply get the embroidery wet. Don’t rinse! Once it is wet, the stabilizer will be absorbed into the stitching and will dry stiff.
**Note: Not all lace is considered “Free Standing”. If your desire is to have the embroidery stand on its own, please make sure that the packaging states that the design is for “Free Standing Lace Embroidery”.
*Some lace embroideries may require the use of two layers of Embellish™ Rinse-Away Mesh if it is overly dense or stitch intensive.